If you are wondering what kind of questions you will be asked in your Platform Developer 1 exam, then this might be the answer you are looking for.
Platform Developer I: a little Background
In 2015, Salesforce introduced the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 certification. The primary goal was to uniquely recognize individuals who understood the non-declarative side of the platform
I recently cleared my Salesforce Platform Developer1 certification summer 2018 and would like to share my experience on the certification and the resources that I’ve used to study for the exam. The questions were 60-70% scenario based, so you should have a good understanding of each topic referenced in the study guide. Also, the Salesforce has revamped the Platform Developer1 Exam and has included some new sections which were previously not there.
Note: I get the request for study dumps and I am not sure any such dumps but I personally don’t think there is any need for someone to look into any other material except salesforce links listed here. With every release salesforce updates documents and having any such study dumps can get you stale information.
You will find a lot of similarities here with the Dev 401 exam but a little more time! ☺
- 65 multiple-choice questions/multiple-select questions* (5 unscored items will be added).
- 110 minutes allotted to complete the exam (i.e. you have a little less than 2 minutes per question!)
- The passing score is 65%, meaning you have to get at least 41 correct answers out of 65, which in turn leaves you with a margin of getting up to 19 questions wrong!(excluding the 5 extra questions) Trust me, this was one of the most comforting factors!)
- Registration fee: USD 200; Retake fee: USD 100
- Delivery Option: Proctored exam delivered onsite at a testing center or in an online proctored environment, as mandated by Salesforce
- Result: Provided immediately upon submission of the exam as an on-screen text and by email and Voila!! Congrats You are now a Certified Platform Developer 1
Define your strategy:
I have started with Salesforce http://certification.salesforce.com/platformdeveloper link. Go through each section from the study guide to see if there is any specific area you need more study. Also, Salesforce provides lots of documentation on each specific topic, so that you can study hard and practice a lot in your developer org. Each section in the study guide is assigned with the appropriate marks they carry.
- Salesforce Fundamentals(10%)
- Data Modelling and Management (12%)
- Logic and Process Automation (46%)
- Logic and Process Automation (Part 2)
- User Interface (10%)
- Testing (12%)
- Debug and deployment tools (10%)
I would recommend you to complete the necessary Trailhead modules which show you a clear picture of the programmatic development.
Pro Tip: Also keep in mind that in the newest version of the exam Salesforce has added Salesforce Lightning and Heroku as a part of the exam and you might see about 3 to 4 questions in your exam based on Heroku and Salesforce Lightning. So be prepared for that also.
I would like to point out the requirements which a candidate should possess before taking the PD1 Certification.
- Fair knowledge in Programmatic Development.
- Good understanding of Salesforce CRM
- Proficiency in customizations of standard Salesforce features.
I would like to share some of the resources which also helped me in clearing my PD1 Certification.
- Important Reference Links
- Apex Developer Guide –
- Visualforce Developer Guide –
- Apex Workbook –
- Visualforce Workbook –
All these resources helped me a lot to clear the exam. Also if you want some other help then be in touch with me I will be happy to help you out.
This exam is a prerequisite to the Salesforce Certified Platform Developer 2 exam so I have already started my preparation for that! Be assured folks, I am going to keep you posted!
ALL THE BEST GUYS 🙂